Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
BeijingOne hour ago
- Copy link
According to Chinese media, the disengagement was agreed to in the 9th round of military commander level talks. It started functioning from Wednesday.
Chinese media has claimed that the Indo-Chinese Army has started the process of disengagement from the southern and northern areas of Paigong Lake. China’s official newspaper Global Times claimed this on social media on Wednesday. According to the newspaper, the disengagement was agreed to in the 9th round of military commander level talks. It started functioning from Wednesday.
The 9th round of negotiations between Indo-Chinese forces in eastern Ladakh lasted 15 hours in Moldo. In this, India had said that it is now up to China to take forward the process of removing troops from the disputed areas and reducing tension.
The forces of China and India are face to face in East Ladakh from April-May last year. Foreign ministers and defense ministers of both countries have also spoken on this issue. Both countries had agreed to withdraw troops from some areas of Ladakh. Despite this, no solution to the border dispute was found.
The clash took place on 20 January
On 20 January, there was a clash between the soldiers of both the countries. The Indian Army had told that soldiers of both the countries had gone face to face in Naku La, Sikkim. The commanders of both the army settled the dispute under the protocol fixed.
According to sources, China had tried to infiltrate the LAC. When Indian soldiers stopped, Chinese soldiers started a scuffle. The Indian Army responded to this by repelling Chinese troops. 20 Chinese soldiers were injured in the clash. Four Indian soldiers were also injured. However, the army did not report any injuries.
Chinese soldier was caught on 8 January
On 8 January, a Chinese soldier was taken into custody after sneaking into the Indian border. The incident was from the southern part of Paigong Tso Lake in eastern Ladakh. India returned the Chinese soldier 2 days later. China had clarified that its soldier accidentally went into Indian territory. Earlier in October, Chinese soldiers had infiltrated the Indian border.
Tension persists since June last year
There has been tension between India and China since April last year. In June 2020, 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a violent clash between the soldiers of the two countries in Galvan. China also had more than 40 soldiers killed, though it never confessed.